A step-by-step guide to designing and typesetting your own book using Adobe InDesign
by Fiona Raven and Glenna Collett
Design your book and get it to press with confidence—even if it’s your first book!
Do you want to create your book cover and/or pages yourself using InDesign? Well, now you can! Follow easy step-by-step instructions to create your own book design and typeset your pages.
Learn the basics of book design from two experts:
- What your book should include
- Quick setup of InDesign files
- Basics of cover design
- Setting up your cover template
- Basics of page design plus a complete set of styles for your book
- Choosing appropriate fonts
- Customizing a design for your book
- Typesetting do’s and don’ts
- Image placement, sizing, and optimization
- Packaging for the printer
- Tips and advice to avoid common pitfalls
Simple instructions will guide you through each stage of your book’s design: planning, layout, and going to press.
You’ll not only learn exactly what you need to know about book design, but also about things specific to book publishing, such as title and copyright pages, ISBN and bar code, page count for printing, marketing considerations, plus how to choose the best type of printing for your book.
Is DIY book design right for you?
Learning InDesign requires a good working knowledge of computer software. If you’re comfortable using other kinds of software for word processing, sending and receiving emails, and browsing the Internet, chances are you can easily become familiar with the basics of InDesign by following our simple instructions.
Want to learn more?
Please visit our website at www.BookDesignMadeSimple.com and subscribe to our email list. You’ll be able to download chapters 1 to 9 for free to see if Book Design Made Simple is right for you.
Thanks for your interest!